For security reasons, your Buoy initiates contact with your network, rather than the other way around. Your Buoy contacts your network about once per minute, transmits data to the app, and receives the valve open/closed instructions. It usually won’t take a full minute to shut off your water, but it could, and we don’t want you to worry that Buoy’s shutoff didn’t work if it's only been 15 seconds.
Articles in this section
- Why does it take up to one minute to turn off my water from the app?
- How do I turn my water on and off from the app?
- What should I do when I get a leak alert?
- My Buoy app isn’t categorizing any data yet. Why?
- Where do I get the Buoy app?
- I installed a new water filter and am getting false leak alerts. When will it stop?
- What are the benefits of integrating Buoy with my Nest thermostat?
- How do I see all my water events for one day?